Special and Complex Needs

Special Services at Home (SSAH) - Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services

The Special Services at Home (SSAH) program provides funding directly to families so they can purchase services to provide personal development and relief support to children and adults with a developmental disability and children with a physical disability. With this funding, families can purchase supports and services which they could not normally provide themselves and are not available elsewhere in the community. This program is funded and administered by the Ministry of Community and Social Services. Funding focuses on the areas of: Personal Growth and Development; and Family Relief and Support.

Street Address Central West Regional Offices: 6733 Mississauga Road, Suite 200 Mississauga 17310 Yonge Street, Newmarket
Toll Free 1-877-832-2818 (Mississauga) 1-877-669-6658 (Newmarket)
Website http://www.children.gov.on.ca/htdocs/English/specialneeds/specialservices.aspx
Who can use this service Families can apply for this support if their children have a developmental and/or physical disability; they live in Ontario; and need more support than most families can provide. The child must be living with the family and/or are not being helped by othe