- Child / Youth Programs and Activities
- Crisis and Abuse Lines and Shelters
- Employment Services
- Family Support
- French Language Services
- Government Services
- Housing / Financial / Legal Supports
- Indigenous Services
- Mental Health
- Newcomer Services
- Parent / Caregiver Skill Building
- Parenting Infants and Toddlers (0–2.5)
- Parenting Preschoolers (2.5–4)
- Parenting School-Aged Children (4–13)
- Parenting Teens (13+)
- Pre and Post Natal Care
- Seniors Services
- Special and Complex Needs
- Teen / Youth Services
- Urgent Needs Supports
YMCA Youth Justice Substance Abuse Program (YJSAP) & Youth Substance Abuse Program (YSAP)
The YMCA's Youth Substance Abuse Program (YSAP) and Youth Justice Substance Abuse Program (YJSAP) provide FREE one-to-one substance abuse counselling to youth in need. Please see eligibility and referral requirements for each program below.
YJSAP services the regions of Orangeville, Mississauga, Brampton, Newmarket, Richmond Hill, Cambridge, Kitchener/Waterloo and Guelph. To be eligible for the program, youth must be ages 12-17 at time of offense/ conflict with the law, struggling with substance use, and referred by a Probation Officer. Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis. Please contact Emily Miller at the email provided to inquire about the YJSAP program and to complete referrals to program counsellors.
YSAP services the regions of Mississauga, Brampton, Central Toronto, Scarborough and North York. To be eligible for the program, youth must be ages 14-24 and struggling with substance use. Please call the phone number provided or fill out the referral form at the website link provided to be connected with the program intake specialist.
Both programs provide the following services:
- 1:1 COUNSELLING: Non-judgmental 1:1 counselling that supports youth with their substance use and related struggles. Sessions can be completed virtually (Telephone, Zoom and FaceTime) or in-person within the community, as required. Counsellors operate from anti-racism, anti-oppression and harm reduction frameworks.
- REFERRALS: To connect with other YMCA services, community resources, treatment and residential programs.
- ASSESSMENTS: To identify needs and develop treatment plans (GAIN Q3 assessment tools).
- FREE HARM REDUCTION SUPPLIES: In partnership with the Region of Peel and the City of Toronto, YSAP distributes and collects:
- Safer use kits for snorting, smoking & injection.
- Substance testing kits and more.
- EDUCATION: FREE harm reduction presentations and webinars for youth, parents, caregivers, community members, other service providers, and professionals that support youth.
|Street Address||55 City Centre Dr.|
|Postal Code||L5B 1M3|
|Phone||Youth intake line: 416-473-7407|
|Service Hours||Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM|
|Who can use this service||Youth 12-24 years old|